Teamcenter on the cloud
Infrastructure as a Service provides business flexibility
Teamcenter® software is built on an open, future-proof architecture that gives you the flexibility to use your preferred technology platform and provider. Now you have the choice to implement Teamcenter® on the cloud, using an Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) model, which moves some or all of your PLM computing infrastructure to a 3rd party cloud service provider. This approach is part of the trend of avoiding the capital intensive practice of owning your own hardware while providing you with implementation flexibility with certified cloud IaaS partners.
- Fast deployment – quickly and flexibly deploy integrated virtual Teamcenter® environments
- Dynamically scale infrastructure as project needs change – instantly turn on infrastructure versus lengthy procurement cycles
- Enables IT to shift focus to application management versus infrastructure management
- Built-in redundancy for business continuity
- Cost effective enterprise IT grade infrastructure with a low IT capital investment
- Quickly and efficiently stand up virtual Teamcenter® test environments
- Faster time-to-value with “instant on” deployments facilitated by standardized base environments
- Maximize the value of your IT staff by leveraging centralized PLM administration
- Geographic footprint of certified cloud providers enables greater application and service reach with lower latency
- Complete Teamcenter® functionality supporting all Teamcenter® 4 tier user interface clients
- Teamcenter® support for all cloud configurations including on- or offpremises, hybrid
With Teamcenter® on the cloud through IaaS partners, you need only to perform configuration and user validation in order to implement PLM. Using virtual machine image templates, Siemens PLM Software or partners can rapidly deploy Teamcenter® allowing you to start using your Teamcenter® environment without delay.
Lower cost of ownership
Using Teamcenter® on the cloud gives you fast and flexible deployment of Teamcenter® environments, as well as the ability to dynamically scale infrastructure up and down based on your project needs. You can use the service to instantly engage infrastructure resources without heavy upfront investments. Teamcenter® runs exactly the same on an IaaS cloud deployment as it does in a traditional onpremise or “hosted” deployment, supporting rich and thin clients as well as Teamcenter® Express software, NX™ software, and Tecnomatix® Process Simulate software with Teamcenter®.
Greater IT flexibility
Moving to an IaaS model gives you costeffective access to enterprise-grade IT infrastructure and resources without the need for capital expenditures. In fact, renting or leasing capacity from a cloud provider is an operating expense, which is easier to justify and manage.
The increased flexibility of this solution enables your IT organization to shift their focus from time-consuming infrastructure management to more value-added application management. It also enables many hybrid deployment options, such as quickly establishing new test environments without purchasing or reallocating hardware. You may even opt to leverage the cloud for development, test, and integration environments and later move to an on-premise deployment when you are ready to go live in production. All of this flexibility helps improve the bottom line because those transient deployments can be shut off when no longer needed.
Centralized expert resources
Moving Teamcenter® deployments to the cloud optimizes your IT resources. Rather than replicating best practices with additional IT support teams for Teamcenter® deployments, centralized experts from your IT team, a Siemens PLM Software systems integrator partner, or Siemens PLM Software services team can have a small number of administers manage a large number of deployments. This ability to centralize expertise frees more of your IT resources to focus on higher level value-added services such as supplier and partner on-boarding to enhance collaboration in your PLM environment.